Thursday, October 20, 2005

Twist

When I talk about how I came to know God, I used to tell them that I had a trip on drugs, nearly killing myself, which then lead me to ask questions, things like 'Is there a God? If so Who is He?', 'Whats the meaning of life?', etc.

Some people (pro-drugs) would twist what I said. They'd say, 'If you hadnt have taken drugs you wouldnt have found God!' and in their own reasoning create a profile that drugs are somehow good.

The fact of the matter is that if I'd have sorted out my issues instead of running away from them (with drugs etc.), and stopped trying to live for my own personal pleasure, then I wouldn't have taken drugs and hopefully not messed up my life, and then in sober consideration, asked the same questions as before with a more mature attitude!

The if 'this and thats' are hard to work out in present time, but that doesn't excuse the way of not thinking logically, and with wisdom.

People will try and twist your words to say what they want to hear, or to support their belief system!

Throwing out the truth and creating our own truth can avoid reality and this way, keep bad things we like, growing. The good things slowly die, while the bad things grow and have more unreal excuses to support them. Like a virus with a pass card (e.g. HIV).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home