Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Seeking The Spirit of God

I read a quick 'big font'-ed leaflet-like-book, last night, on the above title (or something on those lines).

It talked about 'having the anointing' and continuing in that.
Some real handy hints on The Spirit vibes.

The Minty-stry who made the little book

You may take the opinion of 'money grabbing' from such sites. Ok, they might be struck for a bit of financial backing, in this land of generous givers *cough*cough*, but joking aside; they are out there for God! They are out there for good!

With the Spirit, the physical stuff like people falling over and running about like headless chickens is part of Gods blessing.
Can't we be sanely worship God?
Yes! But if you saw someone leap for joy after winning the lottery, you wouldn't consider that to be abnormal and too weird. It's the same with the Spirit! Except the evidence isn't on the outside.

I'm not saying I'm bigger and wiser in comparison to someone else (actually I'm only 5 foot 4) what I'm trying to say is that God prefers to bless the inner stuff more than the outer stuff, because once the inner issues are sorted it's a lot easier to deal with the connecting external issue(s).
Following on from that, a 'session' getting 'blazed up', will certainly squish the external issues proportionatly i.e. When God's Spirit anoints for a period time, in that time, issues on the outside seem less relevant than they were!

An example of internal and external comparison was when an old mate came round to my luxurious abode. He said "It's peaceful here!", which I opposed, in my view, as being irrelevant when you have inner problems (which view is easily obtainable when having inner problems to deal with!.. Typical).
More of a anti-me quote arose stating that "if you have peace inside, you can be in a war zone, and it's ok! Then again if you don't have peace inside, you can be in the most peaceful place in the world, and it seems like a war zone!".

Living in more 'humbler' conditions you come more accustomed to dealing with issues externally, and also internally aswell. Although this might be due to the fact that I was earnestly praying to God more when things were less easy.
It strikes me that living a more productive life can actually benefit the inside more. When you take something that seems useless and make it useful/apply it.. Whaow!

I suppose I fear becoming too comfortable in my surroundings, and not experiencing exactly what I should. Not to say I'm welcoming hail stone and fury, but maybe I'm wanting to move into 'new' things.
'Neeeeeeeeew!' as a dear friend of mine states!(Sir Harris) Newness can be rewarding as well as finding old stuff. "Old treasures and new".

When does this 'blaze up' happen?
God O'Clock. God's timing. It's by Jesus, and in my experience, for massive Faith in Jesus, inner and/or outer.
Some people suggest it's about being hungry/thirsty for God's Spirit, which does the trick. I can't fully endorse that as a one way solution; not to say that it isn't true, I just don't know. In fact, I would probably be more inclined to support their theories than mine, due to lack of experience on my part, and more scriptural backing on theirs.

Anyway, enough with boring text, need more experience.

Farewell & Jesus bless you for watching *ping*!

3 Comments:

Blogger Matt the Hat said...

Just a note to let you know you have contracted: readers... the only answer is keep going!

7:05 pm  
Blogger gn0 said...

:)

7:10 pm  
Blogger Adrian said...

...and thanks for the namedrop Sweeno

1:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home